Saturday, March 31, 2012

How Computers are Ruining the Doctor's Office and Harming Doctor-Patient Relations

How Computers are Ruining the Doctor's Office and Harming Doctor-Patient Relations Video Clips. Duration : 5.88 Mins.


My name is Rick Payne, and I'm a software engineering consultant and I'm still negotiating my current contract with Leukemia since 2007. When I was first being treated for Leukemia, I was appalled by the paper records, lame software systems in place and dictation of records. Recently some of my doctors have implemented paperless systems, and the quality of care has declined. In this presentation, I will provide examples of the change in my personal care. I will share some of the discussions I've had with doctors about this topic. In the end, I hope to show that current software development methods and computers themselves are hurting patient care. There are some classic software development mistakes that I'm witnessing, and it needs to stop now because it is hurting patient care. I hope to inspire some of developers and entrepreneurs at ignite in order to provoke innovation.

Keywords: ignite, ignite cincinnati, leukemia, cancer, marrow, emr, patient records, electronic medical record

No comments:

Post a Comment