Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scott Firefighter Stairclimb fundraiser video for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Scott Firefighter Stairclimb fundraiser video for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Tube. Duration : 3.95 Mins.


Fundraising video that i created for my third time participating in the event. For the fourth year in a row, I have participated in the Scott Firefighter Stair Climb in Seattle, WA. A grueling climb up 1311 steps and 69 floors in full firefighter combat gear, but nothing compares to the battle a Leukemia patient and family must go through. The first year I set what I thought was a goal that was not in reach and surpassed it. Last year I again thought my goal was unreachable, yet through your support I went beyond once again. This year I have set my goal slightly higher to make myself go the extra mile in fundraising. Knowing that every dollar raised goes to help with research, patient services, and education of Leukemia patients makes my climb worthwhile. On a personal level the event and the cause is motivating for me. My mother Peggy was diagnosed with Chronic Mylogenous Leukemia that nearly took her life beginning in 1986. Her long battle with the disease, its many side effects, and its treatments slowly worked to weaken her body nearly taking her life several times. Her long battle with CML ended with a miracle when she received a bone marrow transplant in 1990. The unmatched, unrelated bone marrow transplant was the first of its kind at The Ohio State University and was before the James Cancer Institute came to fruition. Without fundraisers such as this stairclimb, money for research, patient support, education, and assistance, her life may not have been saved. Help ...

Keywords: Firefighter Stair Climb, Jason Bostic, Fredericktown Ohio, FCFD, Fredericktown Fire, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

No comments:

Post a Comment