Friday, June 22, 2012

Augusto Boal (April 16, 1931 - May 2, 2009) - PART 1

Augusto Boal (April 16, 1931 - May 2, 2009) - PART 1 Video Clips. Duration : 9.97 Mins.


Augusto Boal (April 16, 1931 - May 2, 2009) After spending the past 2 weeks re-reading his books- i didn't expect to be putting up an obituary instead of a vlog. I found out today that he died on Saturday. I'd been tagged by KazukiSeirei a couple of weeks ago for another 5 facts tag, and i offered to vlog on something that really inspires me instead. This is the man I intended to vlog on. His work is truly inspirational to me, and I think, so very useful for the times we live in. I studied the theatre forms of Augusto Boal for 2 years- doing practical street theatre, invisible theatre, community drama, Theatre in Conflict Resolution and other dramatherapy. I wanted to vlog about him and in particular, Invisible Theatre and how it works to empower people and create real social and political change. I've had a load of little synchronicites that kept pointing me back to his work in the past month, & learned i had missed a workshop he himself held here in London just 4 weeks ago... so it's a bit strange to hear he's died after I had been geeking out on his life's work when i hadn't looked at it in 10 years! I'll vlog more personally on him next week maybe- somehow not in the mood right now :-( **************** AN EXAMPLE OF INVISIBLE THEATRE- write up of what was planned and what transpired,, on the topic of "Manufacturing Fear" that took place in New York. quebec.indymedia.org ***************** www.democracynow.org uprisingradio.org Legendary Brazilian theater director ...

Tags: Augusto, Boal, Brazil, Theatre, of, the, Oppressed, Forum, Agent, Provocateur, Joker, Street, Political, change, Revolution, rainbow, Desire, Legislative

No comments:

Post a Comment